This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygstart.exe can't open file:///C:/
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 18:10:26 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: cygstart.exe can't open file:///C:/
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPTiy3MdAdrLnLY5C3+Ye48=eyha_+XW=CEdZBJHodvxJjsGrA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAPTiy3MMUfDQjDt9D=OBMdLy7KNGhdS5a3AdHS4coTamDZ7Tww@mail.gmail.com>
Gene Pavlovsky <gene.pavlovsky <at> gmail.com> writes:
> On 4 July 2016 at 04:10, Juan Miguel Navarro Martínez <juanmi.3000 <at>
>> On 2016-07-04 at 01:51, Gene Pavlovsky wrote:
>>> cygstart‘s manpage says it’s similar to the Windows command-line start
>>> However, cygstart file:///C:/ results in an error message:
Unable to start 'C:\cygwin\c\': The specified file was not found.
>>> The Windows start command opens file:///C:/ links in the default browser
without a hitch.
> Juan, thanks for this, it does work. (on my system I setup `cygdrive` to
be `/mnt` using fstab, though).
> But I think the C:/ syntax should be supported as well. After all, `ls
C:/` works correctly on Cygwin.
cygstart file://C:/ works - read the MS DN and MS KB articles on file URIs