This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to build Emacs in Cygwin environment?
- From: Xi Shen <davidshen84 at gmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 08:53:23 +0800
- Subject: Re: How to build Emacs in Cygwin environment?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANO68EMW3CWOJ3fRCG1qXt93hP4dfp3sUk=dziTkrEetJ1XRRQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
So I should execute "config --with-w32" inside a cygwin environment?
On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 6:45 PM, Andy Moreton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Tue 05 Jul 2016, Xi Shen wrote:
>> I want to make some code change to Emacs for Windows, but first I need
>> to setup the build environment.
>> I got the Emacs git repo, and tried "config msdos", but I got
>> "permission denied" error. If I execute "cmd" from Cygwin bash, I can
>> execute "config msdos", but I got error about DJGPP. I made sure I
>> have install all packages with name DJGPP in them, but I still got
>> this error.
>> What else do I need?
> You are using the build method for MSDOS - what you want is a cygwin
> target, which uses the normal POSIX build machinery.
> Build instructions are in the file INSTALL.REPO at the top of the repo.
> For the w32 build (which uses the Win32 GUI rather than X11), you will
> need to configure using "--with-w32".
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple