This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mintty 2.4.0 and Deja Vu Sans Mono 2.35: issue with bold
- From: ht at inf dot ed dot ac dot uk (Henry S. Thompson)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 16:09:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Mintty 2.4.0 and Deja Vu Sans Mono 2.35: issue with bold
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thomas Wolff writes:
> What "gnus" test page?
Sorry, missed that question first time. I first noticed the problem
when using gnus via ssh, not a very helpful test.
> export PS1='\[\033[1m\]\h\[\033[0m\]<\!>:'
and your machine name should be bold.
But I have a further (bizarre) observation: This problem is
size and/or resolution-related:
Show bold as font
8pt Works Doesn't work
12pt Doesn't work Doesn't work
The above is on a large screen (20" diagonal, resolution 1680 x 1050).
On a smaller screen (13" diagonal, resolution 1920 x 1080) I have to go
up to 16pt before bold and regular are indistinguishable...
Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: email@example.com
[mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple