This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem With SShd
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Ahmad Alkhatib <ahmad dot eng1991 at gmail dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 11:34:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problem With SShd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
back on mailing list
On 13/07/2016 11:33, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 13/07/2016 11:28, Ahmad Alkhatib wrote:
Would You please help me with my problem?
I have CYGWIN installed on windows server 2012 and i have configured sshd
and all things goes well, I can access my server over ssh but after a
of time i have noticed that i can't access my server over ssh. So, I have
tried to restart the sshd service manually but it gives the following
which I found it in ssh log and it says "/var/empty must be owned by
and not group or world-writable." so i have fixed these with chown and
chmod, After that, I could connect to my server over ssh but it asks
password not connect with public key.
I assume the windows password, am I correct ?
Please be informed that every time i Have the problem i do the same steps
and when it did not work i uninstall cygwin and install it again.
But I got the same problem after period of time, So would you please
me with a steady solution So I did not need to uninstall and install
this seems a bit extreme
What is the output of
$ ls -l /var |grep empty
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple