This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem With SShd
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Ahmad Alkhatib <ahmad dot eng1991 at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 12:45:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problem With SShd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
back on the mailing list, please followup here.
Please put your reply below and not before.
The standard on this mailing list is bottom posting
On 13/07/2016 12:34, Ahmad Alkhatib wrote:
Dear Mr. Marco,
Thanks for your reply.
the output of ls -l /var |grep empty is as follows
drwxr-x--x+ 1 cyg_server Administrators 0 Jul 13 13:47 empty.
What I have noticed that after a period of time the owner changes to SYSTEM
instead of cyg_server.
Any clue when ?
So, I just run the following:
Chmod 700 /var/empty.
Chown cyg_server /var/empty.
So I can connect to my server over ssh but with a password not public key.
Did with the public key ever work ?
From: Marco Atzeri [mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Please instruct your mail program to not show mail address in clear
in the reply. Or remove them manually.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple