This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygcheck feature request: cygwin1.dll build info
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 18:27:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: cygcheck feature request: cygwin1.dll build info
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <374CCDA9-73A3-42E8-909F-56ACB6725984@etr-usa.com>
On 18/07/2016 17:46, Warren Young wrote:
While examining someone’s checkcheck -rsv output, I failed to find a simple statement telling me which word size the DLL was built for.
I was able to puzzle it out based on hints in the file, such as that “cygwin32” packages means he has the 32-bit cross-compile toolchain, which means it’s a 64-bit install, but what if those packages weren’t installed?
There’s a section where cygcheck gives info about the Cygwin DLL itself. It would be nice to see a word size declaration, or a config.guess string, or…
For 32 bit cygwin running under 64 system
The hint is:
Running under WOW64 on AMD64
If I am not wrong the system information has clue about 32 bit systems,
but I am not so sure as by long time I am only running 64 bit system
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple