This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: System tray menu tuning & Xwin0.log in mintty console with startx
- From: pigreco erre <grosrouvre at hotmail dot it>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 20:14:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: System tray menu tuning & Xwin0.log in mintty console with startx
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=softfail (sender IP is 10.152.2.51) smtp.mailfrom=hotmail.it; cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=hotmail.it;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Excuse me but I don't specify before that I try to use Cygwin-Portable version that I find on the web.
I put it in my pendrive. I use in various exam the program VIM EMACS & GCC so to have a them in portable cyg version is very confortable.
Sorry if I forgot to add this information :-(
However, I have essentially only one problem:
when I run "startx" on mintty bash environment I see on the screen like a splash log file directly. Why?
What can I erase the echoin on the screen when it execs the script "startx?"
I don't reach to put off the stdout on the screen when I call "startx".
Could I solve this?
(take into account that there is a difference with startxwin.
When I run "startxwin",It starts without echo-splash on the screen the X-server message).
With reference to the other question, I solve it.
Thank you again
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple