This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: PS and AWK Linux Commands on Cygwin
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 09:12:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: PS and AWK Linux Commands on Cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1278249779.9195574.1470314208273.JavaMail.email@example.com> <1278249779.9195574.1470314208273.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
So, a couple of things ...
Cygwin definitely supports gawk - I use it all the time.
My system has a link from awk to gawk, so awk will work.
I can't recall if I added that link or if it came with
the installation. awk may be in a separate package
that you'll have to install from the Cygwin package
As for ps, it works, but it will show only Cygwin
related processes. It may have other limitations
as well, because it might be impossible or very
difficult to support some POSIX features under
Regards - Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple