This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Size limitation for NcFsd drive?
- From: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 20:31:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: Size limitation for NcFsd drive?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20160728195859.GE26311@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20160729141831.GA9364@calimero.vinschen.de> <20160729143815.GE5963@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20160802145926.GM3470@calimero.vinschen.de>
Sorry for the delay, for some reason my users keep me busy with strange
bugs, see my answers below.
Am 2016-08-02 um 16:59 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
On Aug 2 16:26, Franz Sirl wrote:
Nevertheless I believe the fallback to
NtQueryDirectoryFile(FileIdBothDirectoryInformation) does not do what you
want if the path is the root directory of a share. But that's not the cause
of this problem.
Yeah, as I wrote in my reply, the NtQueryDirectoryFile branch isn't
supposed to be hit in this scenario. It's solely for "access denied"
Are you set up to build your own Cygwin DLL so you can test the above
Not really, but since I've already created a few testcases for Novell
now, I have my own little "framework" using ntdll.dll directly. I added
your code to it and it showed:
NtQueryInformationFile(FileAllInformation) 't:\' resulted in errorcode
c7e90006, description: (no description)
Returned filename: ''
NtQueryInformationFile(FileBasicInformation) 't:\' resulted in errorcode
0, description: STATUS_WAIT_0
NtQueryInformationFile(FileStandardInformation) 't:\' resulted in
errorcode 0, description: STATUS_WAIT_0
So your fallback will work nicely. No idea if it's worth it, because
I'll likely get an updated NCP client soon from Novell.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple