This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: PATHEXT is fundamental to Windows and Should be recognised by CYGWIN
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 18:14:13 +0000
- Subject: RE: PATHEXT is fundamental to Windows and Should be recognised by CYGWIN
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACoZoo0doP455nnL3m0GYgXuUpLuB-p5Za9KeHfs6xmtT8it6A@mail.gmail.com>
From: Erik Soderquist
> ... DOS did a lot of things
> against already established conventions, such as using a backslash
> instead of a forward slash as the directory separator, just "to be
Not just to be different, but to distinguish from slashes used as
command qualifiers (a la VMS), don't you think?