This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mingw64-*-gcc-5.4.0-1 (x86/x86_64) (Testing)
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 18:48:02 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mingw64-*-gcc-5.4.0-1 (x86/x86_64) (Testing)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce.57A51E0B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2016-08-05 18:15, JonY wrote:
I have just updated the mingw-w64 cross compilers Cygwin 32bit and 64bit.
This version is considered testing and has --enable-vtable-verify set.
I'd consider moving it to stable if it can build non-trivial C++
I had no issues compiling a few different projects with this release,
however enabling this configure flag means that linking C++ with -static
does not work because libstdc++.a then requires VTV symbols. Also, note
that neither Fedora's nor (AFAICS) Debian's native gcc enable this
feature, so I don't know how much exposure it has received yet.
I would recommend rebuilding a 5.4.0-2 without this configure flag, and
releasing it as stable.
==== PLEASE RECOMPILE ALL YOUR C++ CODE FOR ABI COMPATIBILITY ====
Until this is stable and mingw-based C++ packages have been recompiled,
-D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 can be used as a workaround.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple