This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Please explain how to add to a thread in this mailing list
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 13:08:22 +0000
- Subject: RE: Please explain how to add to a thread in this mailing list
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Andrey Repin
> People use digest when they don't plan to participate in discussions, or if
> they are using web mail with no ability or inclination to setup main filters
> so that list messages end in a separate directory and not disturbing their private mails.
I subscribe to the digest, I do participate in discussions from time to
time, and I don't use a web mail interface.
I review the postings through the cygwin website. When I want to reply,
I click on the "Other format: [Raw text]" link, which displays some sort of
message ID. For example, the message to which I am replying now has the
number 204476, which is obtained from the first line of the target of the
raw text link:
>From cygwin-return-204476-listarch-cygwin=sourceware dot org at cygwin dot com Fri Aug 12 11:05:19 2016
Then, look for that message in the digest and reply to that. (This is easy
in Outlook; can't talk to other e-mail readers.) Because it's a digest, you
may not yet have it, but you can ask for it simply by sending an e-mail to
It is a little awkward, but it shows the love.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple