This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
emacs-w32 not starting - missing dependency?
- From: Peter Hull <peterhull90 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 11:27:13 +0100
- Subject: emacs-w32 not starting - missing dependency?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
When I type 'emacs' at the bash prompt, emacs does not start and the
prompt re-appears very quickly as if nothing happened. 'emacs -Q' and
'emacs --version' do the same, nothing is printed.
My alternatives are set such that emacs points to emacs-w32. I also have
emacs-nox and that works fine.
If I run 'strace emacs-w32' I get an error dialog:
"The procedure entry point WebPDecode could not be located in the
dynamic link library C:\cygwin\bin\cygMagickCore-6.Q16-2.dll."
Is this a known problem? If not I can attach cygcheck.out and the output
from strace if that will help.
I am running 32-bit cygwin on 64-bit windows 10.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple