This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Wrong file permissions
- From: Björn Kautler <Bjoern at kautler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:27:47 +0200
- Subject: Wrong file permissions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have a problem I hope you can help me to solve.
I switched to a new box at work and copied over my whole cygwin folder via
rsync from the old box to the new one.
But now if I do "touch tmp", the file gets 060 permissions and not 644 like
This is very disturbing, as not even "cat <<<foo" works but errors out with
"bash: cannot create temp file for here-document: Permission denied".
I hope you can help me with this one.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple