This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: chere mintty window position
- From: Brent <yhbrent at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 04:06:17 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: chere mintty window position
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Brent <yhbrent at yahoo dot com>
>Mon, 15 Aug 2016 06:29:40 -0700 Thomas Wolff:
>>Am 13.08.2016 um 05:19 schrieb Brent:
>>> Frank Fesevur wrote:
>>>> 2016-08-12 6:04 GMT+02:00 Brent:
>>>>> Thomas Wolff wrote:
>>>>> How about mintty -w max or -w full instead?
>>>> Thanks, I am going to try that tomorrow.
>>> I'm not use, but I think Thomas meant that as a possible yet to be written command line option.
>> OK, I misunderstood. Good thing that I was too busy to day to try it out then.
>> Yes, a mintty option like -w max or -w full would be perfect.
>These are existing options.
Thomas, thanks for clearing that matter up.
I can confirm that "-w max" seems to work perfectly for me.
For reference, my complete procedure now is to first open the cygwin terminal from Start --> All Programs --> Cygwin --> Cygwin64 Terminal using Run As Administrator. Then execute this line in it:
chere -i -e "Bash (Cygwin) Here" -s bash -t mintty -o "-w max" -f
(The Run As Administrator and -f being needed to overwrite previous register entries.)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple