This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Trouble installing to UNC path and/or mapped network drive
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Andreas Wettergren <andreas dot wettergren at amesto dot se>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 13:01:23 +0300
- Subject: Re: Trouble installing to UNC path and/or mapped network drive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1j.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <be3f39ac38124a579560da6d2a4f791d@Z91OS2CE1CN2.Z91.NO.TCONET.NET>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Andreas Wettergren!
> We have a shared Cygwin environment installed to a Windows network share at
> my workplace, and I have been assigned the task to update it (along with
> installing a Perl program I wrote + dependencies).
I'll just throw in a note that the way Cygwin operates discourages any
"shared" setup scenario.
If you want a stable set of packages, your only real solution is a local
For more information, look up the "rebase" in Cygwin documentation.
With best regards,
Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:58:57
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple