This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Script broken after updating bash to 4.3.46-7?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Gene Pavlovsky <gene dot pavlovsky at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 19:15:01 +0300
- Subject: Re: Script broken after updating bash to 4.3.46-7?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp2j.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <CAPTiy3PW0+bk20d30-J=sLr=PPnFOeU0Fb495hh1bBVtbtPrzw@mail.gmail.com> <CAPTiy3PXKi+8c+7VGOe+KMjqKmHAYfLERtsLcYKsz-5=C6nUaA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Gene Pavlovsky!
> Looks like it's related to a recent change in bash, which is `read`
> now honors Cygwin-specific `igncr` shell option (`set -o igncr`),
> which I didn't enable.
> Adding `set -o igncr` to the top of the script does the job, however
> I'd like to know how many more scripts are potentially malfunctioning
> It's lucky that one sent e-mails on errors, some others might just
> break silently.
> Is it advisable to add `set -o igncr` to /etc/profile or SHELLOPTS? I
> didn't use that feature before and am worried about some other
> negative side effects.
It is advisable to not have CR's in your scripts to begin with.
With best regards,
Saturday, August 27, 2016 19:14:10
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple