This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] openssl 1.0.2h-1
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:42:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] openssl 1.0.2h-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce.201605041759.u44HxfX5021566@int-mx11.intmail.prod.int.phx2.redhat.com> <CA+Fg1xZ=oarfX_pG6PGFsLAd9R_CxwB0L3fuuWNJzL-vT25sZQ@mail.gmail.com> <20160831111034.GA15557@calimero.vinschen.de>
On 2016-08-31 06:10, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
We can't and we won't switch to OpenSSH 1.1.0 unless at least the first
problems are ironed out. There were a lot of partially backward
incompatible changes, one of them results in OpenSSH not working with
OpenSSL 1.1.0 yet.
So, for the time being, we stay with 1.0.2. It will be supported by
upstream for at least another two years, so there's no reason for hurry.
+1. I suggest we wait until one or more of the major Linux distros has
tackled this first so that patches for the API incompatibilities will
already be available.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple