This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Extreme Slowness of cygwin commands [SOLVED?]
- From: Ben Altman <benalt at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 11:56:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: Extreme Slowness of cygwin commands [SOLVED?]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com.HOWL>
On 8/29/2016 3:23 PM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
On August 29, 2016 at 01:18 email@example.com (Ben Altman) wrote:
> This comes a while later but I was wrong and you were right.
Glad to be of service.
As a follow up, I contacted Trusteer about the issue and did some basic
troubleshooting and it turns out that Rapport Cerberus, one of Rapport's
Anti-malware protection mechanisms, was the issue. Renaming all the sys
rebooting solved the problem. In the meanwhile, they said they expect
the problem to be resolved in a future release of Rapport.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple