This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: updated vim broke arrow/delete keys
- From: Felipe Vieira <fmv1992 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, garyjohn at spocom dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 18:43:13 -0300
- Subject: Re: updated vim broke arrow/delete keys
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
you are absolutely right. Vim is not the problem.
I did two changes at the same time and indeed tried the vim -u none
but maybe did not catch the error.
Finally what causes the error is:
inoremap <esc> <Nop>
no my vimrc. From http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/map.html:
A easier way to get a mapping that doesn't produce anything, is to use "<Nop>".
Anyways this is not the expected behavior. Is there some complexity
here that I'm not capturing? In theory I'm disabling the <esc> key and
that's all. Why is it interfering with m arrow keys and the del key?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple