This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Problem with Python programs with binary components, who to blame?
- From: Patrick Pief <p dot pief at zoho dot com>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 16:34:30 +0200
- Subject: Problem with Python programs with binary components, who to blame?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Before writing any formal bug report I thought I might ask first whether the
problem I am seeing is something that can be even fixed from Cygwin's side.
The issue has to do with the compilation of Python binary packages for Python
inside Cygwin (Python installed as a Cygwin package as opposed to Python for
The problem starts to show as gcc warnings: "[…] redeclared without dllimport
attribute: previous dllimport ignored", and ends with linkers errors such as:
"relocation truncated to fit [...] against undefined symbol".
I am guessing the problem might actually lie within the Python sources itself
but I am not entirely sure.
So is this some issue that is even worth further research and filing a bug
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple