This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Suggestion for chere
- From: Frank Fesevur <ffes at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 12:30:11 +0200
- Subject: Suggestion for chere
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have a suggestion for chere. It would be really nice if the Cygwin
icon/logo would be shown in front of the menu entry.
Right now I only have one "Bash Prompt Here" menu item, but other bash
implementations (MSYS2, Windows Git) also have a chere-like feature.
They add there icon in front of the menu item.
Take a look at this github issue:
It shows two variants of "bash here" in the context menu.
Adding the icon is not that hard. See the .reg sample below. Just add
an extra entry named "Icon" with a full path to the Cygwin.ico file.
@="&Bash Prompt Here"
If you want to make this optional, the command line flag -I (capital
i) is the most logical available letter.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple