This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.876)
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at xerox dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 12:37:21 +0000
- Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.876)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Yaakov Selkowitz
> A new version of Setup, release 2.876, has been uploaded to
> https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe (32 bit version)
> https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
Not a biggie, but thought I'd mention that when I installed
the new 64-bit version through my bash script (using wget),
on launching it Windows complained that permissions were
out of order and that I didn't have permission to run it.
Deleting that download and installing the normal way through
the web page worked just fine.