Re: unzip, find broken by auto handling of .exe file extension

Thanks Ken, good observation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nellis, Kenneth
From: Stephen Anderson >
> See also:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32467871/unzip-gives-checkdir-error-
> directory-exists-but-is-not-a-directory#32468314
>
> The fact that 7z handles this and unzip does not indicates that the > problem is fixable..

FWIW, it seems that the same issue is present with tar:
<Ken demonstrates broken tar handling>

This means that you can't reliably extract from a tar or zip archive in cygwin.
The windoze equivalents do not have this problem.
It looks to me like the approach of equating filenames 'foo' and 'foo.exe' is dangerous at the stat(2) level - apparently windoze accomplishes the same trick in a much less destructive way.

sja