This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: wget seems to have lost executive capacity
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 16:11:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: wget seems to have lost executive capacity
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 16/09/2016 15:21, Fergus wrote:
Just noticed (this has occurred since Tuesday, I think, but I can think of
no associated Cygwin update or any other local event):
Tuesday is the usual day for MS updates ..
all scripts involving a wget command line move on to the next line as though
it had been simply a comment
of no executive status.
Examples (showing other execs under /bin are not broken):
~> gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 5.4.0
~> ls --version
ls (GNU coreutils) 8.25
Packaged by Cygwin (8.25-3)
~> wc --version
wc (GNU coreutils) 8.25
Packaged by Cygwin (8.25-3)~> wget --version
~> wget --version
~> #### IE NIL RESPONSE
strace /usr/bin/wget --version
likely will pop up the missing or wrong shared lib.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple