This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Line ending digits in /etc/setup/installed.db
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 12:47:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: Line ending digits in /etc/setup/installed.db
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 19/09/2016 10:48, Fergus wrote:
> About 18% of the lines in my /etc/setup/installed.db end in " 1", the rest
> i.e. large majority end in " 0".
> Running setup does NOT attempt to re-install the packages identified by "
> (Strange - that's exactly what I thought it would do ...)
> The set-up seems to possess full functionality.
> Can anybody explain / interpret the different endings?
Packages which aren't installed aren't recorded in installed.db (hence the name). This hasn't changed.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple