This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Line ending digits in /etc/setup/installed.db
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 11:13:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: Line ending digits in /etc/setup/installed.db
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2016-09-19 05:47, Jon Turney wrote:
On 19/09/2016 10:48, Fergus wrote:
About 18% of the lines in my /etc/setup/installed.db end in " 1",
the rest i.e. large majority end in " 0". Running setup does NOT
attempt to re-install the packages identified by " 0". (Strange -
that's exactly what I thought it would do ...) The set-up seems to
possess full functionality. Can anybody explain / interpret the
For the code challenged 0 means dependencies of packages you picked flagged by 1.
Packages which aren't installed aren't recorded in installed.db
(hence the name). This hasn't changed.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple