This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: The procedure entry point could not be located in cygwin1.dll
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 18:31:51 -0400
- Subject: Re: The procedure entry point could not be located in cygwin1.dll
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAF6RNtiDHaiSNW=n5oBEgwu1psj-=Mm_7-jtY7P1Zb1yNXukaA@mail.gmail.com>
On 9/23/2016 4:50 PM, William Forsyth wrote:
I broke my win XP cygwin install such that bash fails to start.
I used Setup.exe version 2.870.
The install failed when trying to run the postinstall bash scripts.
After the install failure bash fails every time with:
The procedure entry point __locale_ctype_ptr could not be located in
the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.
The install failed because it tried to install cygwin 2.6.0 which is
not compatible with winxp.
I reran Setup.exe to grab cygwin version 2.5.2-1 but the install still
fails with the same cygwin1.dll error.
Already tried to grab cygwin version 2.5.0 (which is the last known
good cygwin version that ran on my machine) from the time machine, but
I keep getting the same cygwin1.dll error. Any ideas how to fix this.
You probably have a version of bash that was built for cygwin-2.6.0.
Try reverting bash to whatever release was current just before
cygwin-2.6.0 was released.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple