This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Use of SHELL env var by login
- From: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 19:18:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: Use of SHELL env var by login
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ernie Rael wrote:
I just moved the cygwin installation. The "last" peculiarity I ran into
was that the login shell, with the shortcut "F:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe
-i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -", a ps showed
instead of /usr/bin/bash
I tracked this down the the windows setting for SHELL, the one you get
to from windows' SystemProperties dialog, which was
C:/cygwin64/bin/bash. The /etc/passwd file specifies /bin/bash.
I don't think cygwin sets the Windows SHELL variable in the
registry. My SHELL value in the System section is 'C:/Bin/Bash.exe',
which isn't a cygwin-looking path (looks like something I set). Are you
sure you didn't set it in the past sometime?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple