This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Use of SHELL env var by login
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 19:12:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: Use of SHELL env var by login
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
Ernie Rael writes:
> I tracked this down the the windows setting for SHELL, the one you get
> to from windows' SystemProperties dialog, which was
> C:/cygwin64/bin/bash. The /etc/passwd file specifies /bin/bash.
This setting most likely was installed by yourself, the current Cygwin
doesn't install anything in system variables and it doesn't need SHELL
there. Depending on why you put it into the system variables you might
need to keep it, but you could try to tremove it temporarily to find out
whether you truly need it.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple