This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: gdb 7.11.1-2 started within emacs fails
- From: "Rockefeller, Harry" <Harry dot Rockefeller at flightsafety dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:21:51 -0400
- Subject: RE: gdb 7.11.1-2 started within emacs fails
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 188.8.131.52) smtp.mailfrom=flightsafety.com; cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=flightsafety.com;
- Fsi-etr-processed: True
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
>From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:cygwin->email@example.com] On Behalf Of Ken Brown
>Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:16 PM
>Subject: Re: gdb 7.11.1-2 started within emacs fails
>On 9/27/2016 2:47 PM, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:
>> Using program foo:
>> program foo
>> e = 1.0
>> $ /usr/bin/gfortran -g foo.f -o foo
>> Emacs version info: GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version
>> 3.18.9) of 2016-09-17
>> Inside emacs I ran M-x gud-gdb and got ... GNU gdb (GDB) (Cygwin
>> 7.11.1-2) 7.11.1 ...
>> (gdb) b 1
>> Breakpoint 1 at 0x4011d6: file foo.f, line 1.
>> (gdb) r
>> Starting program: /cygdrive/c/Users/harryr/foo.exe [New Thread
>> 6296.0x22ac] [New Thread 6296.0x24d4]
>> readline: readline_callback_read_char() called with no handler!
>> Debugger aborted (core dumped)
>> Foo written in C++ also fails with the same message.
>> Running gdb foo in bash gives the expected result:
>> gdb stops at first executable line prompting for next gdb command.
>I can confirm that this happens also with gdb-7.11.1-1 but not gdb-7.10.1-1. (I tested on x86_64, since gdb-7.10.1-1 is broken on x86.)
>It also fails with M-x gdb instead of M-x gud-gdb, but with a different error message:
>Failed to resume program execution (ContinueDebugEvent failed, error 87)
I tried using 'ddd' instead of emacs and gdb aborts with the same readline ... message above.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple