This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe : proxy auto-configuration script without IE ?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Jérôme Bouat <jerome dot bouat at laposte dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 11:53:01 +0300
- Subject: Re: setup.exe : proxy auto-configuration script without IE ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp2o.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <57E9D85D.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Jérôme Bouat!
>> If you can't access the internet, how would you download anything
>> to your system?
> My organisation forbids the use of IE. The corporate web browser is Firefox.
Doesn't change the fact proxy settings are available in control panel.
>> What makes you think it is using
>> IE's cache?
> I just performed this simple test :
> 1. clear the IE disk cache
> 2. use Setup.exe in order to update cygwin through the "IE proxy settings"
> 3. look at the temporary Internet files and the cygwin downloaded packages directory
> You will see your "tar.xz" packages in both files trees.
Then your system does something nasty.
With best regards,
Saturday, October 1, 2016 11:52:02
Sorry for my terrible english...