This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Native symlinks and setup.exe
- From: Gene Pavlovsky <gene dot pavlovsky at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 18:52:47 +0300
- Subject: Native symlinks and setup.exe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm installing Cygwin 64-bit on a fresh Win 7 x64 installation.
Before running setup.exe I've set the system env var CYGWIN=winsymlinks:native
After that I ran setup-x86_64.exe and installed cygwin64.
The symlinks to .exe files in bin, created by setup, are not native
symlinks, they are cygwin symlinks. Apparently, setup doesn't honor
the winsymlinks:native CYGWIN option. Is that intended (why?) or a
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple