This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 2.6.0-1
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 11:59:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 2.6.0-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce.20160831135845.GA20948@calimero.vinschen.de>
Am 31.08.2016 um 15:58 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
Somehow the way to setup the default locale has changed; raising
problems as described in
This affects also bash (without -l). It is "healed" per /etc/profile.
However, in all previous versions since 1.7 UTF-8 was the official
default deployed from the cygwin DLL already, so calling cygwin apps
from a Windows command line would work as expected, which is a valid use
case. I don't think this change was on purpose.
I uploaded a new Cygwin release 2.6.0-1.
- Support for POSIX-1.2008 locale objects and per-thread locales.
Maybe it slipped in here?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple