This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Native symlinks and setup.exe
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 13:00:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: Native symlinks and setup.exe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPTiy3O9eEhdgWcdEKkY=Egd+_8WJtxOc6WXjhecr9Dufirstname.lastname@example.org>
* Gene Pavlovsky (Sat, 1 Oct 2016 18:52:47 +0300)
> I'm installing Cygwin 64-bit on a fresh Win 7 x64 installation.
> Before running setup.exe I've set the system env var CYGWIN=winsymlinks:native
> After that I ran setup-x86_64.exe and installed cygwin64.
> The symlinks to .exe files in bin, created by setup, are not native
> symlinks, they are cygwin symlinks. Apparently, setup doesn't honor
> the winsymlinks:native CYGWIN option. Is that intended (why?) or a
Setup does not create symlinks. That's either done by the postinstall
scripts or the contents of the package are simply unpacked to the
folder. So the answer to your question is: the symlinks are not
created but copied, that's why.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple