This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Latest "setup-x86(_64)?\.exe" version supporting WinXP
- From: Sophoklis Goumas <olspookishmagus at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 14:02:44 +0300
- Subject: Latest "setup-x86(_64)?\.exe" version supporting WinXP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm seeing some contradicting clues from cygwin.com and
fruitbat.org's Cygwin Time Machine  as to which
is the latest version of "setup-x86(_64)?\.exe" with WinXP "support".
> The previous Cygwin version 2.5.2 was the last version supporting Windows XP and Server 2003.
< The last version of Setup to support XP is 2.874.
The SHA1SUMs of the files that come from fruitbat.org are:
So, would, please, confirm that the version offered from fruitbat.org
is the last that includes WinXP "support"?
Would you also, please, confirm the validity of those files?
Thanks in advance,
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple