This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin shell eats Windows exceptions?
- From: Bill Smith <bsmith at progress dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 14:35:17 +0000
- Subject: Cygwin shell eats Windows exceptions?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'm trying to run my Windows C++ application which has a call to DebugBreak() to bring up the popup asking if you want to debug this application or terminate it. If I run the program within Cygwin, the program just exits.
If I run the application from a Windows command prompt, I get the Windows popup that I'm expecting. It seems that the Cygwin shell is eating exceptions (sigsegv or similar signals?). Is there a way for me to disable this behavior?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple