This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 08:25:13 +0200
- Subject: /dev/stderr problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
the following bash script results in a different output when
redirected to a file.
printf "FIRST LINE\n" > /dev/stderr
shopt -os xtrace
printf "SECOMD LINE\n" > /dev/stderr
$ bash script.sh
+ printf 'SECOMD LINE\n'
$ bash script.sh 2> file && cat file
When I use `>&2` instead of `> /dev/stderr` the problem does not
Since this problem does not occur on Linux but also with Zsh on
Cygwin, I think this is a Cygwin issue.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple