This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: gdb 7.11.1-2 started within emacs fails
- From: "Rockefeller, Harry" <Harry dot Rockefeller at flightsafety dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 12:46:25 -0400
- Subject: RE: gdb 7.11.1-2 started within emacs fails
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 184.108.40.206) smtp.mailfrom=flightsafety.com; cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=flightsafety.com;
- Fsi-etr-processed: True
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAH5rLZU9808GtL8KeaZYrYS0zrORyJXE4+jyiBNmFoSccdfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
>From: email@example.com [mailto:cygwin->firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of William M. (Mike) Miller
>Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:30 AM
>Subject: Re: gdb 7.11.1-2 started within emacs fails
>>>I can confirm that this happens also with gdb-7.11.1-1 but not
>>>gdb-7.10.1-1. (I tested on x86_64, since gdb-7.10.1-1 is broken on x86.)
>>>It also fails with M-x gdb instead of M-x gud-gdb, but with a different error message:
>>>Failed to resume program execution (ContinueDebugEvent failed, error
>> I tried using 'ddd' instead of emacs and gdb aborts with the same readline ... message above.
>Any progress on the above issue? I recently updated my gdb and am running into the same problem.
>William M. (Mike) Miller | Edison Design Group email@example.com
No progress I am aware of. I switched over to 64-bit Cygwin which uses gdb-7.10.1-1 to avoid this problem.
This "request" may be related to the problem: I would like to see the autogenerated gdb line:
"---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---" to go away.
gdb pauses posting this line unnecessarily.