This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: WinXP is dead [WAS: 2.6.x: broken compatibility with Wine]
- From: Herbert Stocker <hersto at gmx dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 23:11:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: WinXP is dead [WAS: 2.6.x: broken compatibility with Wine]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 10.11.2016 04:21, Andrey Gursky wrote:
> Regarding cygwin time machine. I can't use it, since cygwin
> is compiled for MSYS2. And then it is being run under Wine
> on GNU/Linux.
So we have two people who have difficulty using time machine.
i did download setup.exe and the binary packages of the last
version with XP support using the "Download but don't Install"
feature of setup.exe . (But i never tested if it's usable).
Now i would like to provide them on an HTTP Server.
i think setup.exe can use such a repository.
Right now i'm not sure if i have to ask for permission to do
so given it is open source.
Am i allowed to do this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple