This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Installer names not meaningful enough
- From: Roberto Ríos Gallardo <fridelain at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 11:51:44 +0100
- Subject: Installer names not meaningful enough
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Please give the installers more meaningful names. In particular, make
sure "cygwin" is part of it. "setup-x86_64.exe" is not very obvious. A
version number would be nice too.
Delay not, Caesar. Read it instantly.
-- Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar" 3,1
Here is a letter, read it at your leisure.
-- Shakespeare, "Merchant of Venice" 5,1
[Quoted in "VMS Internals and Data Structures", V4.4, when
referring to I/O system services.]
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple