This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup not asking for proxy user,password / was Resend: pdfseparate does nothing for me?
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 21:03:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: Setup not asking for proxy user,password / was Resend: pdfseparate does nothing for me?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ian Lambert writes:
> Setup is not as lucky, is unable to get setup.ini, and never asks for user, password.
> It also only lists the download site I last used.
It's quite clear that setup and your proxy miscommunicate about the
> myuser@mypc ~/junk/cygwin
> $ wget https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
> --2016-12-01 10:52:10-- https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
> Resolving superproxy.our.wonder.place (superproxy.our.wonder.place)... an.ip.address.here
> Connecting to superproxy.our.wonder.place (superproxy.our.wonder.place)|an.ip.address.here|:port... connected.
> Proxy tunneling failed: Proxy Authentication RequiredUnable to establish SSL connection.
Again, the proxy is supposed to reply with a 407 error when it requires
to authenticate the request source. It obviously errors out, but it
does not appear to actually request authentication. If it would do
that, then setup would ask for the user/password combination.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Q+, Q and microQ:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple