This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
sh -c and newline
- From: "Gluszczak, Glenn" <Glenn dot Gluszczak at dell dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 19:38:59 +0000
- Subject: sh -c and newline
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I can't seem to get sh -c to recognize newline. Tcsh -c works.
I'm using echo as an example but I'm actually trying to build a here-document.
%%%sh -c "echo \nhello"
%%%sh -c "echo \\nhello"
%%%sh -c "echo \\\nhello"
%%%tcsh -c "echo \nhello"
%%%tcsh -c "echo \\nhello"
%%%tcsh -c "echo \\\nhello"
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple