This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libgnutls-devel depends on missnig libtasn1.la file
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 14:26:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: libgnutls-devel depends on missnig libtasn1.la file
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161210023817.imnuvtfumnsvxrme@7c616c24653cac4f1c247e3ee013d12b>
On 12/9/2016 9:38 PM, Peter Ross wrote:
I am attempting to build softare (GNU libmicrohttpd) with cygport on x86, but am
getting errors when it links against libgnutls:
/usr/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libtasn1.la: No such file or directory
libtool: error: '/usr/lib/libtasn1.la' is not a valid libtool archive
Cygwin gnutls-devel 3.2.21-1 installs /usr/lib/libgnutls.la and this file references libtasn1.la
However /usr/lib/libtasn1.la has been removed as of libtans1-devel 0.49-1.
See announce message here: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2016-08/msg00084.html .
Could the maintainers of libgnutls-devel and libtasn1 please resolve this!
The *.la files are gradually being phased out. /usr/lib/libgnutls.la
will probably be gone the next time libgnutls-devel is updated. For
now, you should be able to solve the problem by simply deleting it (or
moving it out of the way).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple