This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
mintty window gets tilde characters "pressed" in it
- From: David Karr <davidmichaelkarr at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:18:31 -0800
- Subject: mintty window gets tilde characters "pressed" in it
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Win7. I believe my Cygwin version info is "2.5.2(0.297/5/3) 2016-06-23 14:29".
I've been annoyed for a while with a symptom in my mintty windows. I
will be typing along, or not, and suddenly a "~" character gets
injected into the stream. It often is the only character at the
prompt, so I can erase it and type my command, but it's really
annoying when it appears while I'm typing. I was just reminded of it
now when it injected the "~" right before I pressed enter on a
"mkdir", so I had to then remove the dir I just created and recreate
Is this something that Cygwin can control?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple