Re: Editors set x-bit (sometimes)

> Does this help?
>
>     https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.same-with-permissions

While interesting, it seems to describe a different phenomenon.
Actually, when I create files by Cygwin tools only (touch, nano, ....),
the access rights are always correct. Indeed, even after removing the
extended ACL entries - as was suggested in the FAQ -, the problem still
appears.

However, I have a new finding: When I create a file from a CMD.EXE
command line, by i.e.

    echo xx > abc.rb

the access rights *do* have the x-bits set! This is reproducible, but
only when the file which was created, is below my Cygwin tree! I agree
that this smells a lot like an extended ACL issue, but as I said,
setacl -b provided no help.

Ronald

--
Ronald Fischer <ronald.fischer@fusshuhn.de>