This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Re: DMARC - gmail.com or is it yahoo.com
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: eblake at redhat dot com, cygsimple at gmail dot com, "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>, overseers at sourceware dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 09:15:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: DMARC - gmail.com or is it yahoo.com
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACoZoo29vXpb0MzUri+NPJiZ5GSF+VZAykLa+JjS=g0VDEP7Pg@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <20161130155549.GA29847@redhat.com> <20161130160012.GA7318@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20161210203947.GA434@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
On 12/10/2016 3:39 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 11:00:12AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:55:49AM -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>>> cygsimple wrote:
>>>> See the description below of a problem that is occurring because of
>>>> DMARC rules in place by yahoo.com. Is there anything you can do for this?
>>> cgf, any chance of updating our copy of ezmlm-toaster etc.?
>>> Newer-than-2014 versions of ezmlm-idx seem to have some DMARC
>> I started looking at this when it came in. No ETA yet.
> Huh. I thought I sent an update about this but it vanished in the aether.
> I just turned on a new DMARC-aware version of ezmlm-send which rewrites
> the From address for any domain that is DMARC sensitive to something like:
> "User name via mailinglist <firstname.lastname@example.org>"
> when the mail is broadcast to the mailing list. I would have done this
> sooner but my ezmlm skills were really rusty and I almost ran out of
> extremities to shoot.
> Please send any errors or issues encountered to email@example.com.
The issue continues.
Here are the message numbers:
--- Enclosed is a copy of the bounce message I received.
Received: (qmail 128079 invoked for bounce); 2 Dec 2016 17:38:50 -0000
Date: 2 Dec 2016 17:38:50 -0000
Subject: failure notice
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
User and password not set, continuing without authentication.
<firstname.lastname@example.org> 22.214.171.124 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not
accepted due to domain's
550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of yahoo.com
550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the
550 5.7.1 DMARC initiative. e85si746691pfj.218 - gsmtp
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple