This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Re: DMARC - gmail.com or is it yahoo.com
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at sourceware dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, overseers at sourceware dot org, "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>, cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 10:28:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: DMARC - gmail.com or is it yahoo.com
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.10.3 cgf.cx E3AAD40130
- References: <CACoZoo29vXpb0MzUri+NPJiZ5GSF+VZAykLa+JjS=g0VDEP7Pg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20161130155549.GA29847@redhat.com> <20161130160012.GA7318@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20161210203947.GA434@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 09:15:46AM -0500, cyg Simple wrote:
>On 12/10/2016 3:39 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 11:00:12AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:55:49AM -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
>>>> cygsimple wrote:
>>>>> See the description below of a problem that is occurring because of
>>>>> DMARC rules in place by yahoo.com. Is there anything you can do for this?
>>>> cgf, any chance of updating our copy of ezmlm-toaster etc.?
>>>> Newer-than-2014 versions of ezmlm-idx seem to have some DMARC
>>> I started looking at this when it came in. No ETA yet.
>> Huh. I thought I sent an update about this but it vanished in the aether.
>> I just turned on a new DMARC-aware version of ezmlm-send which rewrites
>> the From address for any domain that is DMARC sensitive to something like:
>> "User name via mailinglist <firstname.lastname@example.org>"
>> when the mail is broadcast to the mailing list. I would have done this
>> sooner but my ezmlm skills were really rusty and I almost ran out of
>> extremities to shoot.
>> Please send any errors or issues encountered to email@example.com.
>The issue continues.
>Here are the message numbers:
I sent the above on 12/10. Those messages were sent on 12/1 and 12/7
respectively. The change was not retroactive.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple