This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: can't access /cygdrive/c/Windows/Sysnative ?
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 11:11:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: can't access /cygdrive/c/Windows/Sysnative ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161221170917.GA16104@ingber.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2016-12-21 10:09, Lester Ingber wrote:
> In some older cygwin posts, I see cygwin use of Sysnative for 64-bit
> access to System32 files. In my Cygwin64 installation on my Thinkpad
> Windows 10 x64 Pro PC I cannot see Sysnative at all under cygwin.
> However, for example, using windows opened by Malwarebytes I can
> access this directory just fine.
> How can I see/access Sysnative under cygwin?
Run Cygwin 32 - there only used to be 32 bit Cygwin and old posts
assume that environment.
Native 64 bit directories are:
C:\Windows\System32 (64 bit) C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (32 bit)
under 32 bit redirection these become:
C:\Windows\SysNative (64 bit) C:\Windows\System32 (32 bit)
to support poorly written programs that don't use the proper API call
to get the directory name; see:
for full list of paths redirected from 32 bit code on a 64 bit system.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple