This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
borgbackup test fail on cygwin (only) - cygwin pipe issues?
- From: Thomas Waldmann <tw at waldmann-edv dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 04:47:21 +0100
- Subject: borgbackup test fail on cygwin (only) - cygwin pipe issues?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Openpgp: id=6D5BEF9ADD2075805747B70F9F88FB52FAF7B393
borgbackup uses a RPC protocol via a ssh pipe to implement client/server
borg client --pipe-- ssh --tcp-- sshd --pipe-- borg serve
This works very reliable, we have tests running on linux, freebsd,
netbsd, openbsd, OS X. It even works on win10 linux subsystem.
But on Cygwin, only the local tests work, but the remote tests (which
need the pictured ssh pipe) fail or hang.
When trying to find out what's going wrong, I noticed corrupted data
coming over the pipe.
I've found some other pipe issues on the cygwin mailing list, maybe this
Our issue about this:
I am one of the borgbackup developers, but I am not a windows developer
(and I personally don't use windows or cygwin except for testing
borgbackup on this platform).
What I could offer is to run the tests on a fixed version.
Thanks for looking into this,
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple